Covenant Children's offers a wide range of diagnostic procedures and
treatments for urologic conditions in children.
- Incontinence/ Urine Control Issues and Bedwetting
- Kidney Stones
- Cancers of the Urinary System and Testicles
- Congenital Malformation of the Kidneys and Bladder
- Disorders of the Testicles and Scrotum (Un-descended testicles, Hydroceles, Hernias)
- Genital Malformations
- Infections of the urinary system
- Urinary System Trauma
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
Diagnostic Procedures Performed:
- Nuclear Cystogram
- Nuclear Renal Scan
Minimally Invasive Surgery (Laprascopy and Robotic)
Minimally invasive surgery is the standard of care for treatment of most
intra-abdominal pediatric urological conditions. At Covenant Children's,
in addition to offering laparoscopic surgery, we host a DaVinci Robot
that our urologists can use to perform minimally invasive surgeries.
Minimally invasive surgery has a host of benefits such as reduction in
postoperative pain, decrease in the duration of hospitalization, shortened
recovery time, and improvement in the appearance of scars.
In addition to minimally invasive surgery, our pediatric urology patients
are supported by a team of Certified Child Life Specialist who provide
evidence-based, developmentally and psychologically appropriate interventions
including therapeutic play, preparation for procedures, and education
to reduce fear, anxiety, and pain.