Urgent Care - COMING SOON
In Mid-August of 2019 Covenant Children’s will start offering the
same care you have come to know and trust – evenings and weekends
- staffed by board-certified pediatricians and nurses. Our facilities
and equipment are designed to meet the needs of children and adolescents
up to age 18.
Did you know?
More than half of visits to the emergency department are for non-emergencies.
And given that most insurance companies require higher copays for an Emergency
Department visit, Urgent Care is great for non-emergencies, where you
still want your child to be seen quickly.
When should I consider Urgent Care vs the Emergency Department?
Urgent Care Clinic
- Abdominal pain
- Allergic reactions
- Ear pain
- Minor burns
- Minor injuries from falls or sports
- Pink eye
- Simple cuts
- Sinus infections
- Skin infections
- Sore throat
- Sprains and strains
- Urinary tract infections
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Bleeding that won’t stop
- Extensive or complicated cuts
- Fainting or head injury with loss of consciousness or disorientation
- Loss or change of vision
- Major fracture that breaks the skin or is at a severe angle
- Seizures without a previous diagnosis of epilepsy
- Serious burns
- Snake bites
- Spinal injuries
- Sudden change in mental state
- Sudden shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Vomiting or coughing up blood
If your child has life threatening injuries or you are unsure of the severity
of their injury - the Emergency Department remains the most approrpriate
site of care.
Hours of Service
CHECK BACK SOON!
5202 82nd Street