Pediatric Counseling Services
Covenant Children’s Hospital offers the integrative care approach
to whole body health. This includes medical, spiritual, and mental health.
All of these have been treated separately in the past but come together
today to make YOUR CHILD the focus of our complete services.
Covenant Children's is proud to offer inpatient and outpatient counseling
services to children and families in need of support.
Our team of licensed professional counselors provide along the full gamut
of mental health needs - from acute psychiatric assessments to determine
if additional support is needed to ongoing outpatient counseling.
- Psychiatric assessments to determine if additional support (outpatient
or inpatient) are needed
- Individual and family counseling
Counseling can often be beneficial for children dealing with
- Management of depression and/or anxiety
- Coping with medical issues
- Dealing with physical and emotional trauma and/or abuse
- Grief and loss
- Anger management skills building
- Problematic sexual behaviors
- Family dynamics changes (Divorce, Remarriage, Single-Parent Families, etc.)
- Parenting/discipline issues
- School problems
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Eating Disorders
Children’s mental health counseling services help a child improve
skills, behaviors, manage emotions and learn to deal with life or personal
problems. Counseling can be provided in an individual, family or group
setting. Counseling services will use conversations, activities or games
to work on personal, family and situational problems.
Our pediatric counselor is a Licensed Professional Counselor with specialization
in PTSD. He is Nationally Certified in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral
Therapy and is trained in evidenced-based assessment and treatment. He
has years of experience in community-based mental health.
At this time ALL counseling services are provided free of charge.
Covenant Children's Medical Office Building
4102 24th Street
Lubbock, TX 79410
||James Atkison, LPC
|Women's Services Counseling
||Sarah Dunn, LPC