Volunteers are the heart behind Covenant Children's. Our volunteers donate their time and energy to make a difference in the lives of our patients. Join the Covenant Auxiliary today to volunteer at Covenant Children's and join us in our mission of healing.
Children's hospital volunteers assist in many areas, including:
Escort and Messenger
Transport patients, deliver flowers and mail, and assist with deliveries between departments.
Sell flowers, toiletries and gift items to patients, visitors, families and employees.
Medical Office Building Information Desk
Give directions to physician offices and assist patients.
Patient Information Desks
Give out information on patient rooms and provide directions to those needing assistance.
Making and selling popcorn in the lobby at Covenant Children's. Several shifts are available.
Assist nurses at the desk.
Family Resource Room Volunteer Job Description
JACC Greeter/Patient Advocate
- Greets patients in the lobby or entrance
- Assist patients to locations
- Identify and assist patients who have been waiting for a long period of time
- Provide information to patients regarding resources such as support groups
- Assist with JACC events like the Survivor's Appreciation Day
- Have resources at hand – like hotel lists and/or information on local restaurants
JACC Pink Golf Cart Driver
- Morning and afternoon shifts
- Greet patient and family member in the JACC parking lot
- Offer patients and family members a ride from the parking lot to the front entrance of JACC
- Be available to assist patient and family member from JACC back to their automobile
The Auxiliary is open to anyone who is willing and able to serve others in a health care setting. If you have a special interest or talent you would like to share, there is sure to be an area within Covenant Children's that needs your help. Just give us a call, and we will do our best to match your interest with our needs. To learn more about joining the Auxiliary, call 806.725.6075.